When it comes to BBQs or picnics, this is a nice change from other salads or baked bean side dishes. Plus it’s quick to put together and very filling.
- 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 TBSP granulated white sugar
- 1 15oz/425g can small red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz/425g can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz/425g can white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 green (spring) onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- 2 TBSP fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and sugar, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Combine the beans, tomato, onion and parsley in a large bowl, pour over the dressing and toss gently but thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad for 2 to 4 hours before serving.
Serves 4 to 6
- I use Goya brand beans for this recipe, they are easy to find in most grocery stores and they are not expensive.
- You can use any type beans you like, you can even use fresh cooked beans (cool them to room temperature first).