This is such an easy way to make such a decadent dessert. No stove, no double boiler and no raw eggs! It makes loads of the stuff too, perfect for a low stress dinner party dessert, or a romantic “two spoon” dessert you can take out of the freezer – yup, it freezes well too!
- 1/4c (2 fl oz)/60ml water
- 1/2c (4 fl oz)/120ml full fat milk
- 2c (7 oz)/198g mini marshmallows
- 2 TBSP/50g butter, diced into small cubes
- 8oz/226g dark chocolate (chips or a roughly chopped chunk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2c (4 fl oz)/120ml heavy whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- whipped cream to serve (optional)
- Put the milk and water in a large microwaveable measuring jug or bowl with a handle and spout.
- Heat in the microwave on full power for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it just starts to boil.
- Add the marshmallows, butter and chocolate. Stir gently and then put back in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Whisk, nuke for 20 seconds and repeat until completely smooth.
- Whisk in the vanilla and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- After the mixture has cooled for 15 minutes, whip the cream in a large bowl, to stiff peaks.
- Pour all of the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream and fold in gently until nice and smooth.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls, cover and chill for at least an hour.
Makes 4 to 6 Servings – Top with whipped cream just before serving
- This freezes so well, that once you defrost it you won’t be able to tell it had been frozen! I froze a few servings for 3 months, defrosted them overnight in the refrigerator and they tasted the same as the ones I ate when they were freshly made.