Years ago I caught a few minutes of a Joan Collins interview on TV. The interviewer was asking her what her best beauty tip was, she replied “Never underestimate the power of Vaseline”. Since then I’ve heard several other celebrities credit Vaseline as their best beauty secret. I generally don’t give a crap what celebrities have to say but if they have the $$ to spend on expensive beauty treatments and they still use Vaseline, there has to be something to it right?
Well, I certainly think Vaseline is an excellent all around beauty product! At around $3 for a large 13oz tub of the stuff, it certainly is affordable. I use it as a moisturizer for my face, hands, feet, elbows, and heels. I use it as a lip balm and to remove makeup. I use it as actual makeup (see below). I use it to tame my split ends and frizz, I also use it on my fingernails to keep them healthy looking (best cuticle softener and hangnail prevention I’ve found so far).
I really can’t recommend Vaseline enough as a beauty product, and although it does have other uses I’m just covering the beauty aspect of it here…
My Top 7 List of Vaseline Uses as a Beauty Product
- Just after washing your face, massage in a tiny amount into your skin until it no longer feels greasy. Forget about other moisturizers! And no, it won’t clog your pores.
- Don’t wear mascara or don’t feel like wearing it all the time? Rub some on your eyelashes, it makes them look thicker and it lasts a long time.
- Rub a small amount over your eyelids and eyelashes before bed. It helps grow your eyelashes and helps with morning eye crusties.
- Rub a small amount over your bare nails (finger and toe) to help with dry brittle nails.
- Put a tiny amount on the palm of your hand, rub your hands together until both hands have a very very thin coating and then run your hands over and through your hair. This helps with frizz. You can also just apply it to the tips of your hair to tame split ends.
- Combine with your favorite lipsticks to make lip gloss. Just apply the lipstick and then rub a little over for a nice shine OR mix a little drink powder into it for colored/flavored lip gloss.
- To use as an eyebrow gel, just apply a small amount over your eyebrows after you “fill” them. It helps keep the hairs in place and it sets the filler.