Honey mustard dressing is my husbands favorite so we always have a bottle of it in the fridge, and while I don’t dislike it I don’t tend to reach for it at home. Though, that’s mostly down to it being bottled stuff. I find it too sweet and often chemical tasting. My homemade version is a nice change from the usual (blue cheese or buttermilk ranch) that I tend to choose. It’s not too sweet, in fact, it’s bordering on being a vinaigrette.
- 5 TBSP avocado oil, or olive oil
- 6 TBSP raw honey (see notes)
- 4 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP whole grain mustard
- 1 TBSP mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp finely minced raw garlic (optional)
- Fine sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk together all the ingredients, taste, and season to your liking.
- Wrap up tightly and refrigerate for a few hours to develop the flavors.
- Keeps for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes Approximately 6 Servings (18 fluid ounces total)
- Raw honey really is the best, but if you can’t get it or won’t eat it, at least get honey and not honey flavored honey… yup that’s a real thing!
- If you measure out the oil first the other ingredients, especially the honey, will slide out of the measuring spoon easier.
- We enjoyed the dressing in the pictures on a grilled chicken, bacon and avocado dinner salad. Even my 8-year-old granddaughter loved it!