I love pink lemonade! I like it made with either strawberries or raspberries (or both), and I’ve already done a recipe for strawberry. So here is my easy “OMG this is so much better than store-bought” recipe for the raspberry kind. The picture is a watercolor original done by my granddaughter, i thought it would be more fun than the usual photo.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen/thawed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (6 to 8 lemons)
- 5 cups water
- Combining the sugar with 1 cup of water in a 2-quart saucepan placed over medium heat.
- Whisk over the heat until the sugar in completely dissolved, then remove from the heat and stir in the raspberries and lemon zest.
- Leave to cool until just warm, then process in a blender. Pour through a strainer into a clean serving pitcher.
- Stir in the lemon juice and 5 cups of water.
- Serve chilled and/or over ice.