This sauce/dip can be used to cool down very spicy food if you use full fat yogurt, otherwise a low-fat or fat free yogurt is good for flavor contrast. Greek style yogurt, bio yogurt or just plain yogurt all work well so just use your favorite.
- 8oz/240ml plain yogurt
- 1 TBSP fresh mint leaves, chopped fine
- 1 TBSP fresh coriander leaves, chopped fine
- 2 inches of fresh cucumber, finely grated
- Big pinch of salt
- Big pinch of white granulated sugar
- Big pinch of ground white pepper
- Optional – few tsp of milk
- Blend all ingredients well with a fork or whisk and refrigerate for an hour, stir before serving. If you find the consistency to thick then add a few tsp of milk.
- Makes approximately 10 ounces (300ml)
- This sauce will keep for up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.